Notes for Contributors
- Bangladesh Journal of Law (BJL) solicits unpublished original contributions. Unless specifically stated otherwise, we shall assume that submitted articles are not under consideration for any other publication at the time of submission.
- Bangladesh Journal of Law (BJL) accepts submissions of articles written by authors who have post graduate degree(s) and/or are enrolled as legal practitioners in their respective countries. Graduate students can submit Case Comments and Book Reviews.
- Manuscripts should be typewritten and double-spaced with at least 1-inch margin on all sides.
- A short biographical note indicating author’s position, degrees, publications, current address and contact details (E-mail address and mobile no) should be supplied on a separate page.
- Manuscripts of Articles should preferably be between 5,000 and 12,000 words (excluding footnotes) while manuscripts of Book reviews and Case comments shall not exceed 2,500 words (excluding footnotes). Submission in electronic version either in CD or as an e-mail attachment shall be preferable.
- All manuscripts need to follow the BILIA citation style.
- Book review and Case comment shall not be a mere summary of the concerned book or judgment; rather include an original critical analysis portrayed by the author.
- A Book review shall include full bibliographical information of the concerned book and biographical information of the author of that reviewed book shall be avoided unless it contributes to enhance the understanding of the review itself.
- A Case comment shall contain brief statement of facts in introduction. Sound analysis (based on precedents and theories) of the judgment shall be preferred for publication.