OBJECTIVES OF THE INSTITUTE:
The Institute is conceived of as a research body or think-tank whose objectives among others include:
- Promotion of research in Law and International Affairs, and contemporary issues on Law, Politics, Sociology, Economics and Jurisprudence.
- Promotion and maintenance of information regarding Law and International Affairs both at national and international level.
- Organising conferences, lectures, symposiums and seminars for the furtherance of the objectives of the Institute.
- Publication of biannual Bangladesh Journal of Law, the oldest law journal of the country and Bangladesh Journal of International Affairs.
- Publication of books on law and international affairs, brochures and research papers for dissemination of information.
- Establishment and maintenance of libraries and information services to facilitate the study of Law and International affairs.
- Facilitating the study of legal international affairs questions and exchange of information, knowledge and thoughts on legal and International Affairs so as to develop a body of informed opinion.
- To invite as and when feasible, scholars, who may or may not be members of the Institute, to avail of the facilities offered by the Institute and/or to benefit the Institute by their knowledge and experience.